Friday, December 25, 2009

Letter Art

The 3rd - 6th grade ACES recently completed a Letter Art digital photography project. The cold temperatures prevented the students from taking more photos outside and the scheduling conflicts (mid-year testing, confessions, etc.) didn't allow for a few students to complete the project before Christmas break. The idea got started when a friend told me she saw the bride and groom's last name photographed and given as a wedding gift during the summer. I was so consumed with trying to figure out how I could photograph my last name that I hadn't even considered it being a project for students until I saw an article in Family Fun magazine. As you can see from the slideshow, some of the students chose to photograph their last names and some their first. Some letters were found outside the school, some inside, and some were created with blocks, food, etc. The sky was the limit on this project and students were challenged to use their creativity. Unfortunately not all the finished projects were photographed for the slideshow. Another effect of hectic schedules and trying to get the projects completed and sent home before break. The kids did an outstanding job and I hope you can find a special place for these projects in your home!

0 comments: